Hyperlinks in Service Section (div "entry-content")

Hi,

I am working on a site for a medical professional in Germany, www.bavariapraxis.de 

I use the service section on both a service page (Meine Leistungen) and on the Home page. On the site, there is also a blog with posts related to services and various other material that I would like to link to from the service section content via hyperlink. The <a href> tag however does not seem to work there, at least I have been unable to enter it (other tags, like for html text formatting, seem to work, however). So how do I accomplish that? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi tstrobl

If you want to linkable service description div entry-content then we have to customize the code. SI will suggest you add customize code in child theme because if you update your theme in future then your customized code will not lose.

So kindly download and install the below Spice press pro child theme and activate the child theme.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
    zip
    zip
    spicepress-pro-child-theme.zip
  • Sorry to report it didn't. Only thing it did was delete all my custom css and some other settings in the customizer. But no, trying to use the a href tag in the service section produces the exact same results as the original version. 

Actually, I am no professional programmer, but when checking your code in the child theme, it would appear to be the exact same as in the original. In particular with regards to "allowed html". Can you maybe check whether you sent me the right version of the file?

Thanks.
  • Any chance you can look into this again, please?
  • edited July 2018
    Hi tstrobl

This child theme working perfectly in our end we have add the link code in an index-service.php file in child theme directory.

If still did not show the link in service description then you can share your WordPress admin details on my email id

jitendrabhana@gmail.com

So we can check whats going wrong in your end and assist you better.

Thanks
  • Thanks. Tried again. What it does is, it takes the entire text block of a service as a link, in my case the same link as the one I specified in the customizer for each service. But that's not what I wanted. I wanted to mark up individual text fragments as individual hyperlinks, irrespective of what's written into the customizer for the image and the service title.

But please do not try further. Changing to child theme screws up too many things, from deleted CSS to deleted logos, etc...I won't pursue this idea further.
  • Final idea: if you provide me with a php code snippet instead that simply adds the <a> tag (with at least href and target as parameters) to be allowed by wp_kses and I stick it into the "before service section" hook, won't that accomplish what I want?
  • Hi tstrobl

For this open the index-service.php file in your theme directory and replace the below link code.

And after add the hyperlink in text field.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks
  • Little problem: As I have a managed WP installation with no access to the files, I need to first unzip the child theme on my desktop, replace the code in the index file and then re-zip. However, when I do that, the theme installation fails, saying that "the theme has no style.css included". Thing is do, I am 100% positive the css is included in the zip-archive in its proper directory. Any idea why that is?

Worst case: Could you please update the child theme you sent me from your end and send me again? Thanks a lot.
  • Hi tstrobl

Kindly follow the below instructions ->

1) Go to the Additional css box and copy all css code in your end.
    2) Download the below child theme and install and active this theme.
    3) After activating child theme Go to the Additional css box and paste the all css code which is the copy by you and save.

Let me know did it work.

Thanks

• Download below child theme.
    zip
    zip
    spicepress-pro-child-theme.zip
  • will do, thanks a lot.
  • bingo! 

works great...
  • Hi tstrobl

Glad to know it worked for you. If you like our theme and help kindly share your feedback: 

We highly appreciate if you kindly take a few minutes to give us your feedback.

If you have any query, please let me know.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.