Install error

Hi, I'm trying to install Innofit Plus on my site. I downloaded the them file from my user portal, when we I upload it to WordPress, the install fails and generates the following error:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed.

Please advise. Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Bryan

Comments

• Hi, @encausticcello

Thanks for contacting us!

Innofit plus is a Plugin that provides you the Innofit premium theme.
    Currently you are installing as a theme that's why installation is failed.
    Install it as a plugin and it will install easily.You can see our help article for installing the innofit plus.

Thanks
    Rishabh
  • Got it! Ok, I've got it installed now. However, there is a strange issue at the top of the page. Once I start to scroll, everything is fine. But the initial nav bar that loads is having an issue:

• Seems to be related to this code in innofit-plus.php:

// custom template move from plugin directory to theme directory 
    function custom_template_replace() {

$plugin_dir_left = plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ ) . 'inc/functions/template/template-blog-left-sidebar.php';
    $theme_dir_left = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/template/template-blog-left-sidebar.php';
    $plugin_dir_right = plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ ) . '/inc/functions/template/template-blog-right-sidebar.php';
    $theme_dir_right = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/template/template-blog-right-sidebar.php';

$plugin_dir_full = plugin_dir_path( __FILE__ ) . '/inc/functions/template/template-blog-full-width.php';
    $theme_dir_full = get_stylesheet_directory() . '/template/template-blog-full-width.php';
    if (!copy($plugin_dir_left, $theme_dir_left)) {
    echo "failed to copy $plugin_dir_left to $theme_dir_left...\n";
    }
    if (!copy($plugin_dir_right, $theme_dir_right)) {
    echo "failed to copy $plugin_dir_right to $theme_dir_right...\n";
    }
    if (!copy($plugin_dir_full, $theme_dir_full)) {
    echo "failed to copy $plugin_dir_full to $theme_dir_full...\n";
  • Hi,

It is happening because it seems you are using the child theme, it's name may be different than the child theme name defined in the plugin. And because of that the templates folder is missing in the child theme.
    No problem, just copy the templates folder from the Innofit theme folder in the child theme folder.

Let me know for any confusion!

Thanks
    Rishabh
  • Hi, I only have one theme installed (no child theme) The templates folder + all of these files do exist on the server under the innofit plus dir. Please see sftp screenshot below to confirm the files exist and their path.
    grab.png
    1706 x 534 - 234K
  • Under the innofit plugins folder, there's only 3 files (see screenshot) Just to confirm - do I need to copy the files from the theme folder to the plugins folder?

I only have one theme folder - there is no child theme folder....
    Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.53.23 AM.png
    1706 x 534 - 236K
  • Hi,

It is working fine at our end when i am checking the themes on my localhost.

Can you please share admin details on my mail id jainrishi1991@gmail.com, so that we can check at our end.

Thanks
    Rishabh
  • Sure, I just created a new admin account and emailed it to you at jainrishi1991@gmail.com. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!