convert a section of the gallery

Good day, how to convert a section of the gallery on the type of the portfolio section?

Comments

• Hi, @monami

Gallery and Portfolio are of different layouts. You can use either one of them at a time. However, we have given a feature to add your own any additional section before/after to any of the section at the front end. You can use to put Shortcode of the plugin ( like gallary plugin ) to display an additional section in any required layout.

Let me know if any confusion!

Thanks
  • and how to learn shortcode?
  • found shortcode
    [ngg src="galleries" display="basic_thumbnail" number_of_columns="3" template="/home/h136388/data/www/xn--74-6kcaj1c.xn--p1ai/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/ngglegacy/view/gallery-caption.php"]
  • The nextgen-gallery plugin has more problems than solutions :)
    Is it possible to simply replace the carousel gallery (to do as in the team section)?
  • edited March 2019
    Hi, @monami

You want the gallery section but the layout would be of the team section. But look team section designed to have text description & limited to show like in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ms5uuj

If you still want, it would look like that http://prntscr.com/ms5wky

Better to change it to the portfolio layout. Let me know about it!

Thanks
  • Yes exactly! I'm confused with a briefcase.
    I need another 1 such section as a portfolio, instead of a gallery
    Безымянный.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 315K
  • edited March 2019
    In the child theme folder place THIS file. In the activated child theme, you will see the gallery section layout comes as same as the Portfolio section.

Thanks
  • Need to do as in the screenshot vertical display
    Безымянный.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 283K
    Безымянный2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 220K
  • For that, you can use to place THIS file instead of the previous.
  • It became impossible to select the desired images in the list! It displays all the images!
  • I need 6 photos here so that I can install them myself from the gallery
    Безымянный.jpg
    1922 x 1910 - 373K
  • Hi, @monami

Above I have shared the customized template for the gallery on the homepage similar layout like the portfolio. First, customization show gallery with the slider effect and second to show all the gallery at once. To enable the layout to show only the 6 gallery images place THIS file in the child theme folder instead of other shared files.

These are the possible customizations I have shared. Furthermore advanced you can go with the plugin shortcode.

Thanks
  • new index-gallery .php changes nothing
  • It's working. The last new index-gallery.php layout only would show 6 photos. ( Screenshot )
  • Yes it worked.
    BUT, he throws me in a briefcase.
  • Yes it worked.
    BUT, he throws me in a briefcase.
    Безымянный.jpg
    1920 x 935 - 253K
  • Please re-check, this screenshot shows at left is a setting sidebar for a portfolio but at right it is a gallery, see the title difference b/w both. (  Screenshot  )
  • portfolio opens instead of gallery
    Безымянный.jpg
    1920 x 935 - 272K
  • Hi, @monami

It's backend functionality. Better it should be avoided, it needs to do a lot of code changes in the core function files of the theme. And also it might cause an issue even after the update the theme even if changes placed in the child theme.

Thanks
  • OK. for the future, how to take more than 6 pictures, ideally, so that the number of pictures in the Gallery Settings corresponds to the number on the site?
  • You can edit it, to achieve the set of pictures or even all the pictures at once. Just do like in this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/muymgr
  • ok. Thx
This discussion has been closed.